Pirelli Cinturato Gravel Hard (700C / 650B) Tubeless Tyre – Technical Specification
<< Move the table to see all data >>
Pirelli Cinturato Gravel Hard (700C / 650B) Tubeless Tyre | Application
- Pirelli Cinturato Gravel Hard Terrain Tyre is a tyre designed and developed for gravel, compact terrain and the toughest surfaces.
- It is a high performance tyre with exceptional grip in all weather conditions, both dry and wet, and a high level of puncture protection.
- Cinturato Gravel Hard features a specially designed tread pattern, dedicated to each tyre size, and SpeedGRIP Compound rubber.
- Cinturato Hard gravel tyre is designed to meet the most demanding off-road applications of CX and Gravel bikes, whatever the weather.
- Pirelli gravel tyres combine the philosophy of developing and designing terrain-specific tread patterns, characteristic of the Scorpion™ MTB tyre, with the rolling efficiency, reliability and unparalleled puncture protection of the super-strengthened Cinturato™ Velo tyre.
- Pirelli engineers also had to consider many other variables, from the rider’s riding style, which is more relaxed in gravel cycling and more performance-oriented in cross-country cycling, to wheels adapted to disc brakes and new rim profiles.
- This is why, in the new Cinturato™ Cross & Gravel range, the construction technology is not the same for all tyre sizes and widths: each size benefits from dedicated solutions, making each tyre unique down to the smallest detail.
- The tyre is designed for gravel wheels, which are available in the offer of our manufactory.
- The tyre is retractable and takes up little space, making it perfect for cycling trips and backpacking.
- This is a high quality tubeless gravel tyre with optimum protection against punctures.
- Combining a reinforced casing construction with a fabric layer from bead to bead with an aramid TLR bead optimised for wide rims, the Cinturato™ Gravel family offers a new level of rolling performance and grip, as well as high reliability – already synonymous with the Cinturato™ name in Pirelli bike tyres.
SpeedGRIP rubber compound in Pirelli Cinturato Gravel Hard
- Thanks to the characteristics of the newly developed SpeedGRIP compound, developed especially for the new Cinturato™ Cross & Gravel range, Cinturato Gravel Hard is designed for all weather conditions, whether the terrain is dry or wet.
- The special SpeedGRIP compound adds mechanical resistance and chemical adhesion characteristics without compromising rolling performance.
Tread – Pirelli Cinturato Gravel Hard Tyre
- The tread of a gravel tyre is characterised by low, tightly-packed lugs and increased adaptability to the terrain, offering a large contact area and therefore an excellent riding feel.
- The height of the tabs has been reduced to increase smoothness and reduce deformation when cornering on terrain that does not allow penetration, guaranteeing excellent handling and a great feeling of safety on both wet and dry surfaces.
- The shape and height of the cubes, the distance between them and the joints and angles have been analysed by Pirelli to maximise the effectiveness of the tyre tread on various specific terrains.
- Following the logic of the Scorpion™ MTB tyre, where the tread pattern is linked to the consistency of the road surface rather than to changing weather conditions, Pirelli has designed the compact tread pattern of the Cinturato Hard Terrain for all paved or gravel roads.
- The tyre is extremely grip on wet and dry surfaces and stable on bends – it has a solid tread.
- The specially adapted shape of the upper tread with evenly spaced central lug guarantees dynamic, fast and low rolling resistance.
- The tyre has a tread pattern that extends all the way to the edges of the tyre for even better cornering grip.
Weight – Pirelli Cinturato Gravel Hard Tyre
- The Cinturato Gravel Hard tyre weighs between 410 and 550 grams depending on tyre width and size.
Width – Pirelli Cinturato Gravel Hard
- The Cross version (CX), is available in size 33x700c.
- The Gravel version is available in the sizes 35x700c, 40x700c and 45x700c, as well as 45x650b and 50x650b.
- All tyre configurations are tubeless compatible (TLR).
- However, the tyre can also be used freely with inner tubes. In this case, they are installed in the same way as conventional tubed tyres.
Available sizes Cinturato Gravel Hard
- The following tyre sizes are available for the Cinturato Gravel Hard (700C / 650B) Tubeless tyre:
- The Gravel tyre is available in two colour options:
- Black-beige ⚫️🟠 – a tyre with black tread and beige side edges, emphasising the gravel character of the bike and wheels
- Black-Red ⚫️🔴 – black tyre with red accents.
Recommended pressure ranges
- The tyre manufacturer provides recommended pressure ranges in the technical specifications:
- Each user of a bicycle with these tyres must assess what pressure to choose for a given day’s ride depending on the weight of the rider, the bicycle, the luggage, the nature of the ride and the type of ground (asphalt, gravel, gravel, hard-packed earth, mud, etc.).
- The TPI count of the Cinturato Gravel Hard (700C / 650B) Tubeless tyre is 127