PIRELLI P7 Sport | Bike Road Tyre – Technical Specification
<< Move the table to see all data >>
The PIRELLI P7™ Sport is derived from the World Tour ready P ZERO™ Race tyre. It has more sipes to improve warm-up and grip at lower temperatures.
PROCompound is PIRELLI’s advanced rubber compound for bicycle tyres designed for high mileage and durability without compromising wet grip.
The PIRELLI P7™ Sport tyre is based on a 60 TPI nylon casing construction with an additional layer of cut-resistant fabric under the tread to provide excellent puncture protection.
PIRELLI P7 Sport | Bike Road Tyre – Applications and description
- The PIRELLI P7 Sport is the perfect all-round training tyre for road use, with three words to describe it: robustness, grip and durability.
- It has been developed to give racers and amateurs the same confidence in control while riding as typical racing products while providing greater tyre life.
- Combined with TechBELT 60tpi carcass technology, the tyre has been optimised for modern wide rims for improved handling and comfort.
- The Pirelli P7 Sport is intended to complement the range of other road clincher tyres in the company’s portfolio.
- The designers’ goal was to build a tyre suitable for all-season conditions and maximum durability at an affordable price.
- Unlike the strictly road racing P Zero and tubeless Cinturato Velo, the P7 Sport is described by the manufacturer as an excellent all-round training tyre for road cyclists. The price is also significantly lower than current Pirelli road tyres.
- It’s fair to say that Pirelli already has a Cinturato Velo model, which is also built to be as durable as possible, but it has always been a heavily luxury tyre.
- The P7 is derived from the World Tour-ready P ZERO Race tyre, according to the manufacturer, and is based on the PROCompound rubber compound specifically designed for high mileage and durability.
- The centre of the tread features a slick surface.
- The tyre has slight indentations on the sides to increase grip, speed and excellent handling characteristics on wet and dry surfaces.
- The tyre has good puncture resistance.
- The tyre is designed for road wheels which are available in our product range.
Tread – PIRELLI P7 Sport Tyre
- The PIRELLI P7 Sport road tyre, due to the characteristics of its tread, offers very decent grip in varying year-round weather conditions (spring, summer, autumn, winter).
- The PIRELLI P7 Sport has a slight indented tread on the sides to give the tyre better grip in corners.
- Read a review of this road tyre on Road.cc.
Weight – PIRELLI P7 Sport tyre
- The PIRELLI P7 Sport weighs 250 grams for the 24 mm width, 280 grams for the 26 mm variant, 310 grams for the 28 mm or 330 grams for the 32 mm width.
Width – PIRELLI P7 Sport tyre
- The tyre comes in four variants – 24, 26, 28 or 32 mm.
- The tyre is intended by the manufacturer PIRELLI to be fitted with inner tubes.
Size – PIRELLI P7 Sport tyre
- The PIRELLI manufacturer gives the sizes of the P7 Sport tyre in one system of measurement:
- French 700×24C / 700×26C / 700×28C / 700×32C
- PIRELLI’s 700C road tyre is available in one colour – black.
Recommended pressure ranges – PIRELLI P7 Sport tyre
- The tyre manufacturer’s technical specification lists the recommended rim pressure ranges for each tyre size.
- The user of a bicycle with these tyres must therefore assess what pressure to choose for a given day’s ride depending on the weight of the rider, the bicycle, the luggage, the nature of the ride and the type of ground (dry or wet asphalt).
|< 50 kg
||< 110 lb
|51 – 57 kg
||112 – 126 lb
|58 – 65 kg
||128 – 143 lb
|66 – 73 kg
||145 – 161 lb
|74 – 81 kg
||163 – 179 lb
|82 – 88 kg
||181 – 194 lb
|89 – 95 kg
||196 – 209 lb
|> 96 kg
||> 212 lb
||On RIM 21C:
|| – 0,3 bar
||– 4,5 psi
||On RIM 17C:
||+ 0,3 bar
||+ 4,5 psi
<< Move the table to see all data >>
- The braided casing is made of 60 TPI nylon, while under the tread is an extra layer of cut-resistant fabric that Pirelli calls TechBELT.
- The braided density of the PIRELLI P7 Sport tyre is 60 TPI