TUFO Calibra Kevlar | Road Tyre – Technical Specification
|120 / 240
|120 / 240
<< Move the table to see all data >>
Manufactured from a compound based on natural rubber with Activated Silica
Extra lightweight rubber/polyester composite anti-puncture layer
The carcass layers are overlapped and bonded under the tread, which increases the TPI (threads per inch) and improves the tyre’s resistance to punctures
Layer made of rubber cord composite strengthened with CRCA
The carcass consists of two layers of composite rubber cord with reverse orientation of the carrier cord in each layer, bonded and reinforced with CRCA
TUFO Calibra Kevlar Tyre | Application and Description
- The TUFO Calibra Kevlar is a versatile road tyre for both training and racing.
- The tyre has bead-to-bead sidewall protection.
- Under the tread of the tyre there is an installed layer that effectively reduces the likelihood of punctures.
- The fine tread pattern together with the active silica tread compound provide excellent grip on wet and dry surfaces.
- The tyre is designed for road wheels which are available in our product range.
Tread – TUFO Calibra Kevlar Tyre
- The TUFO Calibra has very decent grip due to its tread characteristics, although the rubber compound used here is geared towards maximum tyre life.
- The TUFO Calibra Kevlar also performs well in difficult, changeable autumn conditions, as shown in a test conducted by the Bikeworld portal.
Weight – TUFO Calibra Kevlar tyre
- The TUFO Calibra tyre weighs 205 grams for the 23 mm width or 235 grams for the 25 mm variant.
Width – TUFO Calibra Kevlar
- The tyre comes in two variants – 23 or 25 mm.
- The tyre is intended by the manufacturer to be fitted with inner tubes.
Size – TUFO Calibra Kevlar tire
- TUFO manufactures TUFO Calibra Kevlar sizes in two measurement systems:
- French 700×23C / 700×25C
- ERTRO 23-622 / 25-622
- The road tyre is available in one colour – black.
Recommended pressure ranges – TUFO Calibra tyre
- In the technical specifications, the tyre manufacturer gives recommended pressure ranges in two measurement systems for each size:
- 700×23C | 6–10 bar (90–145 p.s.i.)
- 700×25C | 6–9 bar (90–130 p.s.i.)
- The user of a bicycle with these tyres must therefore assess what pressure to choose for a given day’s ride depending on the weight of the rider, the bicycle, the luggage, the nature of the ride and the type of ground (dry or wet asphalt).
- The braid density of the TUFO Calibra tire is 120/240 TPI