TUFO Calibra Plus | Tyre for Road Bike – Technical Specification
|120 / 240
|120 / 240
|120 / 240
<< Move the table to see all data >>
Manufactured from a compound based on natural rubber with Activated Silica
Extra lightweight rubber/polyester composite anti-puncture layer
The carcass layers are overlapped and bonded under the tread, which increases the TPI (threads per inch) and improves the tyre’s resistance to punctures
Layer made of rubber cord composite strengthened with CRCA
The carcass consists of two layers of composite rubber cord with reverse orientation of the carrier cord in each layer, bonded and reinforced with CRCA
TUFO Calibra Plus | Road Bike Tyre – Application and description
- The TUFO Calibra Plus is a very light road tyre for both racing and training.
- The centre of the tread features a slick surface.
- On the sides, the tyre has a slightly matt tread designed to increase grip, speed and provide excellent handling characteristics on wet and dry surfaces.
- The tyre has good puncture resistance.
- Under the tread of the tyre there is an installed layer that effectively reduces the likelihood of punctures.
- The tyre is designed for road wheels which are available in our product range.
Tread – TUFO Calibra Plus
- The TUFO Calibra Plus has very decent grip in varying weather conditions due to its tread characteristics.
- The TUFO Calibra Plus has a fine uniform tread on the sides that gives the tyre better grip on bends.
- Read a review of this and other road tyres on Bikeworld.
Weight – TUFO Calibra Plus
- The TUFO Calibra weighs 180 grams for the 23 mm width, 210 grams for the 25 mm variant or 235 grams for the 28 mm width.
Width – TUFO Calibra Plus
- The tyre comes in three variants – 23, 25, or 28 mm.
- The tyre is intended by the TUFO manufacturer to be mounted with inner tubes.
Size – TUFO Calibra Plus tyre
- The TUFO manufacturer provides the TUFO Calibra Plus tyre sizes in two measurement systems:
- French 700×23C / 700×25C / 700×28C
- ERTRO 23-622 / 25-622 / 28-622
- The road tyre is available in one colour – black.
Recommended pressure ranges – TUFO Calibra Plus tyre
- In the technical specifications, the tyre manufacturer gives recommended pressure ranges in two measurement systems for each size:
- 700×23C | 6–10 bar (90–145 p.s.i.)
- 700×25C | 6–9 bar (90–130 p.s.i.)
- 700×25C | 6–9 bar (90–115 p.s.i.)
- The user of a bicycle with these tyres must therefore assess what pressure to choose for a given day’s ride depending on the weight of the rider, the bicycle, the luggage, the nature of the ride and the type of ground (dry or wet asphalt).
- The braid density of the TUFO Calibra Plus is 120/240 TPI – the same as for the Calibra Kevlar.