TUFO Gravel Thundero Tyre (700x36C / 700x40C / 700x44C)
Express shipping up to 3 working days
TUFO Gravel Thundero Tyre – Technical Specification
- The TUFO Gravel Thundero is an all-round gravel tyre for those who, when riding, don’t want to think about where to go and whether their bike tyres can cope with the various forms of terrain.
- The tyre is designed for our dedicated gravel wheel sets, available in our assembly shop.
- The TUFO Gravel Thundero Tyre copes with all conditions.
- The tyre is retractable and takes up little space, making it perfect for cycling trips and backpacking.
Tread – TUFO Gravel Thundero Tyre
- The central part of the tread is made up of tightly stacked cubes, which ensures high speed while rolling quietly.
- The outer part of the tread is made up of three parallel rows of indented sipes that bite into literally any type of surface.
- This ensures excellent grip and control, especially when cornering on unpaved surfaces.
- The gravel tyre’s wide enough tread and the durable, flexible Jubena layer that covers the sidewalls protect the tyre from damage caused by stones.
- The Puncture proof ply under the tread minimises the risk of punctures and contributes to the overall reliability of the gravel tyre.
- The construction of the casing, a high TPI steel braid, together with the soft tread compound, smooths every surface and prevents the tyre from bouncing on uneven surfaces.
- The TUFO Gravel Thundero is a high mileage, high durability tyre.
Weight – Tufo Gravel Thundero Tyre
- The tyre weighs only 390 grams (36 mm) or 430 grams (40 mm), which is an attractive result when compared to other premium gravel tyres from other companies of the same size, width and tread density.
Width – TUFO Gravel Thundero Tyre
- With a tyre width of 36 mm / 40 mm / 44 mm, this is a typical gravel tyre size, ideally suited to most frames and forks on the market.
- The tyre is intended by the manufacturer to be used on typical Tubeless kits. However, the tyre can also be used freely with inner tubes. In this case, they are installed in the same way as conventional tubed tyres.
Size – Tufo Gravel Thundero
- The tyre manufacturer provides the sizes in two measurement systems – French (700x44C / 700x40C / 700x36C) and ERTRO (44-622 / 40-622 / 36-622). This means that the tyre is designed for typical bikes with the most popular 28″ wheel size.
- The Gravel tyre is available in two colour options:
- Black ⚫️ – classic colour with solid black tyre filling
- Black/Beige ⚫️ 🟠 – a tyre with black tread and beige side edges, emphasising the gravel character of the bike and wheels.
Recommended pressure ranges
- In the technical specifications, the tyre manufacturer gives recommended pressure ranges in two measurement systems.
- 2.0 – 5.0 bar
- 30 – 70 p.s.i.
- The user of a bicycle with these tyres must therefore assess what pressure to choose for a given day’s ride depending on the weight of the rider, the bicycle, the luggage, the nature of the ride and the type of ground (asphalt, gravel, gravel, hard-packed earth, mud, etc.).
- The TPI count of TUFO Gravel Thundero (700x44C / 700x40C / 700x36C) is 210/375
Black, Black – Beige
36 mm, 40 mm, 44 mm